Thursday, April 19, 2018

Week 14 Summary - Operation Get Fit No Excuses

Week 14 of my Operation Get Fit No Excuses has come to an end and brought with it some beautiful weather! This week has been busy with many things but thankfully my fitness routine has not suffered. I’ve continued my training with a combination of outdoor power walks and indoor toning videos.

Since I switched my diet to a soy/plant based choice, many of the chronic health problems that I was experiencing has vanished. My blood sugars have stabilized as well, even with a lower carb intake. I’ve been eating this way now for about 12 weeks. In the past few days, my blood sugar levels have been reading low and I can’t figure out why. I have had to add more carbs into my diet to get my sugar levels stabilized. I don’t know if it’s the change in weather, my metabolism, or a combination of things. Luckily, I found a low calorie toast that has a medium amount of carbs and seems to keep me in balance.

As for good news, I finally had to go shopping for some new clothes because almost everything I have is now too big or really baggy on me. Yeah! While this is a great feeling, I hate shopping so it’s hard to figure out what to buy. Plus, we’re in a transitional season now and I never know what to wear. That makes it harder for me to try to guess what will work and what won’t!

I’m also a little on the frugal side. I keep putting off buying new clothes because I hate shopping, but also because I keep thinking about what size will I be in a few months time when the heart of summer hits? I’ve been consistently loosing about 2 kilos every few weeks so I have no idea when it will slow down or what size my body decides it likes. I keep thinking that if I buy a certain size now, and I lose more weight, did I waist money on buying new clothes? Padrone has been on me to get new stuff but I’m going to wait until the very last second to see if I can get the right size that will last all summer.

Some of you will read that and roll your eyes because you don’t understand what a hassle it is to me to shop for new clothes. It’s the whole emotional journey trying to figure out what looks good and trying to make my brain see my body as it really looks, and not as it used to look. It’s an emotional journey.

Well, that’s it for now. I’m happy that we have beautiful and warm weather for my Week 15 to begin! Thank you all for your continued support, for following me on my journey, and all the kind messages. See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment