Saturday, February 14, 2015

When To Give In

Is there a time when one really should give up? Is there a good enough reason in life or in love that giving up is an option? I do wonder about this. I have many times in my life, thought about giving up and saying just 'Fuck it' and throw my hands up in the air. But, I don't normally do that, so I still keep on trucking.

Keep On Truckin No Matter What

I have faced many hard choices in life and walked down those paths with caution, but sometimes with exuberance. I do admit that I have some regrets about some choices, but I would not be where I am now, in life, if I had not taken those paths. I am not a confrontational person. There have been times in my life that I wanted to scream, shout, punch and just get all the anger out of my system, but I can't because of the possibility of setting off a seizure so I have taught myself to let it go and roll on.

Let It Go and Move On

Now, there are some cases in which I do care and my body and emotions react in a way that makes the situation worse because of others involved, but it is a reaction that I can not control, no matter how long and how much I have tried. But, I still don't give up. I have said over and over again that you should always be positive and not give up no matter what you were doing. But really, are there situations which it would be better to just walk away?

Just Walk Away

I have had a couple of situations where I knew I was right. I stated that fact many times, and was still told I was not. Instead of continuing to argue or disagreeing, I shut up and just roll on. But, a couple of hours later, in many situations, it came out that I was right. I don't say anything, don't say I told you so and never rub it in. Why? I'm not a vengeful person and its not worth it. I just think to myself, yeah, i knew that and roll on. This is one example that I think giving up is ok. If it ends an argument that is not that important, or if it saves headache and heartache, then let it go and give up that fight. If it comes out in the end that hey, you were right, excellent. If not, well, you didn't get stressed about certain things that didn't mean that much in the Circle of Life.

If you believe in something, and that something is a very important decision, situation, or something else, then argue until you turn blue or just can't anymore. But, if its not life threatening, life changing, or anything that will actually affect you in a very personal way, let it pass and roll on.

Pick Your Battles Carefully

I am so not saying don't keep a positive attitude. I am not saying don't fight for your rights or what you believe in. If you feel extrememly strongly about a subject, and it will affect your life, then go for it. I am just giving you my opinion and advice. You can do with it in your own life as you will. The one thing that will never change is that we were all born with a free will. We may not utilize it alot, or we may be in circumstances in which we don't think we can just roll, but we all have choices.

The point to all the above ramblings is not to discourage, but to encourage and show you a different way. To tell you to take a step back and examine each and every situation and see for yourself is it worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment