Thursday, March 22, 2018

Week 10 Summary: Operation Get Fit No Excuses

Since this is the end of Week 10, it’s time that I do a weight and measurement check in! I can feel the difference in how my clothes fit me and it’s an awesome feeling knowing that my hard work and dedication are paying off.

This week has meant a lot of adjustment for not only Padrone, but for me as well. While I’ve continued on my own journey to get fit and healthy, I’ve also become somewhat of a trainer for Padrone as well. I have enjoyed the challenges of measuring all his food choices and finding new and fun videos that he can exercise to since the weather has not allowed us to go outside for a walk. I’ve been doing a little extra exercise with him every day in addition to my normal routines.

I have been vigilant about my workouts and eating choices as usual, but got frustrated that my arms don’t seem to be getting much better even though I do an arm specific workout every day. I know that it will eventually, but I wish that I had better results. That said, I am very happy with my progress overall and know I just have to keep going and it will all get better overtime.

Being 44, almost 45, makes losing weight a little different and harder than if I were in my 20s. My metabolism has slowed down somewhat and my body works differently than it did 20 years ago. I know how frustrating it can be for those of us over 40 trying to lose weight. The key is to stay positive and stay on track. Even on the days you feel old, fat and ugly, get up and workout. Every time I finish a workout, I am tired but feel so good that I did it.

Now, here are my measurements from January, about 3 weeks after I started my new fitness regimen and today’s results:







Thank you all for your continued support and for following along with my fitness journey. If you have any questions or comments or would like to share your own fitness experience with me, please leave a comment below.


No comments:

Post a Comment