Friday, February 16, 2018

Week 5 Operation Get Fit No Excuses Summary

Week 5 is finished and I’m 2 days into Week 6 already! Wow time has been flying. 

Over the past several weeks, I’ve had inflammation in the ball of my right foot. I have tried different running shoes as well as a couple of different inserts so far and nothing has worked. I spoke with my Mom and she suggested a different type of shoe as well as adding Turmeric Curcumin to my daily vitamins. Apparently, this spice is good for a multitude of things, inflammation being one of them.

So, until I get that situation figured out, I’m going to limit my walking distance but work on increasing my speed/pace. I will still get the benefits of walking but without the increased length because it just gets too painful. Before you say it, yes, I should go to a doctor, but I’m very stubborn. I want to exhaust my options first and then I’ll go if I don’t see any improvement with the additional vitamins and shoes.

I found a great YouTube Walk At Home video that anyone can do. It’s completely low impact and only 15 minutes long. It makes a great warm up before a walk outside or as an additional at-home workout to mix things up. 

Here’s the link: https://youtu.be/35G7AW78kxo

So, now that I cannot drink sodas or anything with sugar in it, I thought I would try a 0 calorie/0 sugar pre-made Tea with Lemon. It was sweetened with an artificial sweetener that was not a Stevia product. For 2 days, my blood sugar readings were much higher than normal. Padrone and I knew immediately that it had to be the tea since that was the only thing in my diet that was different. I had only drank 2 8oz glasses of it and it stayed in my system for 2 days! So, lesson learned and back to water only. 

This past week, I have added Soy based food products to my diet (diet meaning what I eat) in order to increase my fiber intake. I happen to love food made from soy, but for those of you watching calories, this may not be an option because most of the products don’t have decreased calories. Fortunately, the products I picked are high in protein and low in carbs. 

On to the good news, I fit into jeans that haven’t fit me in 4 years! I can’t tell you how happy this has made me! It’s another way to not only keep motivated but to also measure my progress. I highly recommend you do this also if at all possible.


Hopefully you will continue to follow me on my journey to getting healthier! Thank you for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment