Friday, September 14, 2018

Week 36 Summary Operation Get Fit No Excuses

Hello and welcome to Week 36 of Operation Get Fit No Excuses! I’m late posting this week because I totally lost track of time. I’ve been working on making more videos for YouTube as well as exploring new social sites. 

Before I start, I want to let everyone that is in the path of Hurricane Florence and Typhoon Manghut know we’re thinking about you. This week has been a natural disaster nightmare around the world. 

Now, back to this week’s summary. For some reason, I have not felt especially motivated to exercise every day. Even with an almost complete lack of motivation, I have gotten up and done some type of workout every day. 

I have started making a weekly 5k outside and returning inside to finish my other daily workouts. I love trying new and different routines that I find online. It helps keep my body guessing and getting the most out of every workout plus it keeps me from getting bored. 

I have maintained my weight in the 70 kg range (70.1 to 70.9 - 154.5 to 156.3 pounds) while expanding my diet to include a few more carbs daily. I have had low blood sugar problems off and on my entire adulthood so it’s difficult to balance diet and exercise with weight loss. I’ve noticed a slight dizziness this past few weeks when I stand up to fast. Usually that means my body needs more carbs to function properly. I’ll let you know next week if adding additional complex carbs helps the problem. 

I’m working on a vegetarian recipe book that I hope to get finished and published by Christmas. It will have a variety of recipes that include Tofu, Mopur, and Seitan, which are all great meat substitutes. Last week, I mentioned I would post a simple soup recipe, so here it is: 

Veggie Soup in Tomato Sauce

2 cups of chopped mixed vegetables (for convenience, I used a frozen mixed vegetable brand that has 12 different veggies. Make sure the frozen brand doesn’t contain added salt or additives. You can use fresh if you like and whatever variety you want.)
2 cubes of beef broth
1 16 oz can of tomato sauce 
4 cups of water (may need more or less depending on the size of your pot)

Mix all together in a large pot and bring to a boil. Stir occasionally. Cover the pot and reduce the heat to minimum. Cook for 1 hour. 

I bought a medium sized round bread rosette and hollowed out the inside to use as a bowl for the soup. It was a perfect combination. 

It’s a very simple but very delicious meal! Packed with many vitamins and minerals and low calories. 


Thank you for your continued support and encouragement. Please leave any suggestions or comments below! See you next week!

1 comment: