Thursday, June 28, 2018

Week 24 Summary Operation Get Fit No Excuses

Week 24 of Operation Get Fit No Excuses is officially done and I’m on to Week 25!

This past week has been a challenge for me physically, mentally, and emotionally because I’ve been dealing with Epilepsy related issues on and off all week. I have no idea what triggered this round of seizures, but I think I finally am over it for now! (Crossing my fingers anyway).

There were many days I had difficulty walking, talking, balancing, seeing clearly, or just having energy. I managed to get a workout in every day except for one, despite these difficulties. For this, I’m extremely proud of myself. I actually didn’t workout today because my body told me that I needed more rest, so that’s exactly what I did. I slept about 9 hours before I woke up the first time. I ate and prepared myself to exercise. Even though I wasn’t feeling like it and was still sleepy, I was determined to stick with my motto Get Fit No Excuses. But, after setting there for 30 minutes, I decided that my body needed more sleep to recover from the week of seizure activity and I slept 2 more hours. I honestly feel really good and better than I have all week.

So, now for the fun part! This week is my weigh-in and measurement day! I’m excited to report better than expected results. Here they are:

28 June 2018

Weight: 72.7 kg (160 lbs)
Hips: 107.8 cm (42.4 inches)
Waist: 81.5 cm (32 inches)
Bicep: 33.5 cm (13.18 inches)
Thigh: 61.0 cm (24 inches)

I have to say that even after all these months of weight loss, I get surprised looking at my body when I least expect it. You have to be wondering what I mean. Let me give you some examples.

1) The other night, I was laying sideways on an armchair reading. Before I lost weight, I took up the entire depth of the chair. I had no room for my arm to rest comfortably and it would just hang in midair. Now, in that same position, both of my arms have ample room to rest on either side of my body.
2) I can cross my legs with no trouble and they stay there! Before losing weight, it was virtually impossible to cross my legs because my thighs were so big. Now, no matter what I’m wearing or the type of chair I’m sitting on, I can stay for hours with my thighs comfortably crossed.
3) Riding in the passenger seat of our car. Before, my butt was wider than the seat and the sides of the seat dug into my hips. It was also difficult to lock the seat belt. Now, I have plenty of room and no problems at all reaching the seat belt.

When you have been overweight pretty much your entire life, you have a set body image in your head and it’s extremely difficult to change that, even as you lose weight gradually. That’s why I still get surprised many times when I look in the mirror, when I realize how my body fits in seats or other places, or even how I can squeeze between cars to get in ours when we’re parallel parked.

In my head, I’m still 200 pounds even though my rational mind understands that I’ve lost over 40 pounds. I don’t really dwell on my body image and how my size affects my everyday life, but I know many of you do so wanted to share that you are not alone.

Now, on to good news about my Padrone’s weight loss! He has continued to lose weight and his Diabetes doctor told him that they were not only extremely surprised at how much he’s lost since 8 March, but very happy with his progress! He’s lost 12 kgs (26 pounds)!

Thank you all for your continued support and encouragement from us both!

No comments:

Post a Comment