Monday, May 28, 2018

Combined Weeks 18-20 Summaries Operation Get Fit No Excuses

Welcome back! I haven’t posted a weekly Summary in a few weeks, so I’m using this one to do a combination of Weeks 18 through 20 (which is this week and technically ends on Thursday).


I’ve been concentrating on getting to a certain goal weight by my 45th birthday. I turned 45 yesterday and I feel better now than I have in many years. Getting older doesn’t mean we have to slow down and take a side road in life. It just means we survived another year and have another chance to see more and thrive as much as we can in life. Changing my diet and adding exercise has hd a huge impact on my health and my looks both. This week is also not only my birthday, but just happened to coincide with my monthly weigh in and measurements check.

I wanted to be 75.9 kilos or less for my 45th birthday. I think it had something to do with the number 5 and it just sounded good! Hahahaha! I’m happy to report that I made it! I weighed yesterday morning and was at 75.8 kilos (167 pounds). As of now, I’m down 15.2 kilos or 33 pounds! I’m staying on a steady course of weight loss and it’s working.


Now, I have to insert a word of caution here. While making and achieving weight loss goals are good, they can also be a catalyst to becoming obsessed with reaching that number. I found myself thinking unhealthy thoughts in an effort to try to reach my goal of 75.9 kilos. I thought about eating less, taking diuretics, and trying to exercise more than my body could handle. I didn’t do any of these and I still achieved my goal with sticking to my diet and exercise regimen. If I had gone down that unhealthy path, I could have seriously hurt myself. Please be careful and mindful of negative thoughts in your own weight loss journey.

I have stuck with my semi-vegetarian diet while only cheating a couple of times over the past 3 weeks. I enjoyed a small pasta dish one week and I had fried chicken and a lemon muffin on my birthday. It was totally worth it! While I’m not saying to cheat on your diet, there will be times when you can bend the rules every once in a while without having a negative affect.


Since I’ve been eating much better for almost 6 months now, my body let me know it wasn’t happy with me after eating the fried food. I didn’t go on a walk on my birthday but did a 5.92 kms (3.68 miles) power walk this morning and I felt nauseous before going. After I got back, I was ok. But, that’s my body telling me it didn’t like my fried cheat meal. I won’t be doing that again!

Since I started my journey in January to a healthier body and lifestyle, I’ve had ups and downs. I’ve also learned through, research, trial and error what my body likes and doesn’t, food and exercise wise. Since I’ve changed my diet, I also started taking supplements to help replace vitamins and minerals that I don’t get enough of on a daily basis. Here’s a picture of what I take:


Now, here’s the results of my measurements from 25 May 2018:

Hips – 112.5 cm
Waist – 85.2 cm
Bicep – 34.5 cm
Thigh – 61.6 cm

Here’s my measurements from 26 April 2018:

Weight – 78.7 kg
Hips – 114.5
Waist – 86.5 cm
Bicep – 35.0 cm
Thigh – 62.2 cm

While I have seen improvement from April, it is small. But, any improvement is a great accomplishment! Plus, I continue to feel better each week. As I tell you all the time and continue to remind myself, it’s not all about the numbers! It’s how you feel and how you are health wise!

Thank you all for your continued encouragement, kind messages, and for following my blogs. We’ll see you next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment