Thursday, January 18, 2018

Operation Get Fit No Excuses: Week 1 Summary

Well, if you follow me on Facebook or Google+, you have seen that I started a new lifestyle change. And by Lifestyle, I don’t mean BDSM this time. I have been very sedentary for the past several years and have not walked or done basically any form of exercise. My body started to let me know it didn’t like this a few months ago. Here’s the breakdown of what started me on this journey to get in better shape.

First, my sugar level went crazy. Normally I have low blood sugar, but it decided to go from one extreme to another several times a day. I would develop dizzy spells, have trouble balancing, and get headaches. My eyes wouldn’t focus, even with my glasses on. At first, I chalked it up to some weird Epilepsy symptoms because I do tend to get weird side affects, other than seizures, with my type of epilepsy. I then developed cobweb or shadowy lines in my left eye. That scared me. Padrone wanted me to go to the doctor, but being stubborn, I wanted to try to resolve the issue myself. So we’re waiting to see if my eye gets better with the changes I’m making.

I had my gallbladder taken out over 10 years ago, so I don’t eat spicy food or very greasy food. I also try to avoid tons of caffeine and most fried foods. During the past couple of years, my reflux and heartburn would literally activate at all times of the day and night, no matter if I ate anything or not. Water could give me heartburn. We tried prescription medicine and found out that most of them wouldn’t work on me and the ones that did work broke me out in a rash. Talk about aggravating!

A few weeks ago, I developed eczema on my face. I have never had any form of this before in my life, and I’m 44 years old now. I found a treatment to get it under control, but am afraid it will come back.

I’ve dealt with all these things while having to deal with seizures and all the stuff that goes along with them. It hasn’t been fun. I know that there are many people with much worse and more debilitating conditions than I have, but for me, all of it together was the last straw. It felt like I could almost literally see and feel my body crying out to me to start living better. I like to think my body was giving me a preview of what would happen if I didn’t start to make a change.

So, now you know the back story as to why I got motivated to start exercising, here are some rules I’ve set up for myself.

1. Numbers don’t matter! I don’t weigh myself nor do I care if I actually loose weight or not.
2. No more refined sugar. I did a lot of research and found that many sweetners make the body act the same or worse when used. I need my glucose numbers to be somewhat stable. I found out the best and least harmful sweetner to use is called Stevia.
3. No more normal white bread. I am actually using flour tortillas to make sandwich wraps versus a normal bread sandwich. They have less carbs.
4. I really don’t eat fruits or vegetables so I started taking a multivitamin that actually gives me a large amount of the recommended daily allowance. I also take Vitamins C and D in 1000 mg capsules a day. (Note: just because I take these doesn’t mean I’m recommending you do the same. Listen to your own body’s needs and maybe see a doctor or nutritionist.)
5. Do not make any excuses for not going out and walking. If I have a seizure but am able to walk later that day, I will. I even got waterproof shoes and a jacket to ensure I really don’t have excuses now.

So, that’s why first weekly recap. I do a daily video on my YouTube channel also. Please take a look and subscribe!

Thanks for following!

No comments:

Post a Comment